Artialis SA is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the protection of your personal data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and their utilisation.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website
- Where we obtain the personal data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to third parties;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with belgian and EU data protection laws (UE regulation 2016/79 from European Parliament of 04/27/16 about the protection of individuals with regard to be processing of personal data : General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
In the present document, « Artialis SA » (referred to as « we », « us », « our » or « Artialis ») in this policy primarily refers to Artialis SA.
Artialis S.A. is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about Artialis customers.
What personal data we collect and how we proceed
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, number of your order and any information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you visit our website, place an order, create an Artialis account, subscribe to the newsletter, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identification data related to your queries: e.g. first name, last name, email address, company name, country location, or other details such as the organization type and your area of interest
- Newsletters : first name, last name, email address
- Technical data: e.g. cookies may store in certain circumstances personal data which may include: IP addresses, browser type, location, operating system,… For more information, please consult our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: for example, aggregate statistical data contained on the company's page on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook.
We collect personal data from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website related activities.
We do not collect and process « sensitive » personal data such as biometric data, health data or genetic data.
What do we use your personal data for
Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Customer Services Communication : we will use your data to respond to your queries in the contact form of this Website and to manage our relationship with you as our customer
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, and to personalise the services we offer to you ;
- Newsletter: we process your personal data to manage your subscription to the Newsletter, including to send customized information on our services or solutions.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: Some information related to follower’s visits are collected in an aggregate way by LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. We can access to statistics provided by LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook in order to have information on the way our page is consulted.
On what basis do we use your personal data?
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data for process an order, conclude an order, execute the order and send you our newsletters.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- Customer Services Communication: We consider that we have lawful interest in answering the requests or queries raised by you through the existing different contact channels. We understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial to you to the extent that it enables us to assist you adequately and answer to the queries raised.
- Marketing and Statistical Analysis : The legal basis for processing the reuse of your personal data for our Marketing and Statistical Analysis is your consent. Please, remember that you may unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time without any cost.
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection : the legal basis is the compliance by Artialis of its legal obligations
- Provide tailored services : We consider we have a legitimate interest to do so
- The legal basis for processing the reuse of your personal data for our Newsletter is your consent. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our communication.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data : We consider that we have lawful interest to understand the way our page is consulted (e.g. how many times our page is consulted, from which country,…).
Only children aged 13 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your personal data
We follow strict technical and organizational security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, unauthorised access, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
International Data Transfer
Countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always have strong data protection laws. We require all services providers to process your information in a secure manner and in accordance with EU law on data protection. We use standard means under EU law to legitimise data transfers outside the EEA.
Share of your personal data
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties for the purpose described in this Privacy Notice:
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies in charge of the respect of the reglementation
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as call center of investigation center
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal data.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any question related to this privacy notice, or about the way we use your personal data, feel free to contact our DPO: firstname.lastname@example.org
. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The Data Protection Authority (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen) is the main supervisory authority for Artialis as Belgian data controller.
You can contact us with a contact form directly from our website. By filling in the contact form with their data, the users authorizes this application to use these details to reply to requests for information quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Your data protection rights
By law you have the right to:
If you want to exercise any of these rights, contact our DPO by email (email@example.com).
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive information whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, which information and why we are holding/using it. This also enables you to receive a copy of your personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete personal information in specific circumstances. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. When the data are restricted, we can treated them only with your consent.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority as described in the previous point « Data Protection Officer ».
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances and we will provide you with the reasons for refusal.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
In order to keep up with changing legislation, our Privacy Notice may change from time to time and any changes to the statement will be communicated to you by way of an e-mail or a notice on our website. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this privacy notice periodically and become aware of the modifications.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU AGREE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.